The carpet was installed Wednesday by <a href="http://www.carpets-installed.com/new_index.html>Carpets-Installed.com</a>, or as we call him, Carpet Bob. He installed the carpet in our basement at our place, so we were happy to give him more business! The carpet looks fantastic - what a wonderful finish to the entire upstairs! It makes the whole space so inviting - Mia explored up there a lot this weekend - and I just wanted to grab a book and curl up on the floor by one of the windows. We also managed to cut a few small shelves and get them painted to finish off the closet, and got a window screen made and installed (after a thorough window cleaning!) on one of the dormer windows that was missing its screen (note: Hardware Hank across the street makes screens if you ever need one!). So, the attic is officially DONE. We just need to run a vacuum cleaner up there before we rent it out.
Meanwhile, we finished the painting on the main floor! The bedroom was painted on Saturday, and then I was able to paint the ceiling in the bathroom after we patched, taped, and mudded a hole. Mia managed to fall asleep for her nap after I was done painting on Sunday, so I had to kill a bunch of extra time over there while she slept (normally, that would be a good thing, but I was really looking forward to getting back to my own home after that quick project!). Nonetheless, I removed all of the rosin paper and tape from the hardwood floors, and did a quick sweep to get them cleaned up. With the exception of a few random outlet covers that need to be replaced, these rooms are officially DONE now, too!
Bedroom, main floor (same color as upstairs)
View from front door - living room and dining rooms
Den (Stephen and Lori both gave the red a big thumbs up!)
View from kitchen doorway - dining room and living room
Stephen also came over Saturday afternoon to help out in the yard once again. He cleaned up some more by the cement slab, and then he arranged the retaining wall blocks that we had purchased into a fire pit. He even christened it by burning some of the multitude of brush!
So what's left to be done? Well, the kitchen currently looks like this: (that's the rosin paper in piles on the floor, waiting to be discarded!)
Just about everything can be narrowed down to the kitchen:
1) hook up, mount, and clean microwave
2) hook up, clean stove
3) clean, hook up fridge (it was finally moved out of our garage and over to the pit by David and Stephen!)
4) hang kitchen ceiling fan
5) build and then paint exterior stairs coming down from kitchen door
6) cover back of stairs going to attic in entryway
7) buy and install new front door
8) fix plumbing on bathroom sink
9) buy dryer, have someone else install it and hopefully haul away the extra washer!
Oh, and ADVERTISE that this place is FOR RENT! If you know of anyone interested, leave us a comment!