It worked, even though it was a little crazy to deal with - but the temps were below 50 degrees and we had to ensure that the paint would actually dry! Here's the finished result:
We got the door for a whopping $75 - and it's in great condition. It even had a vintage doorknob that we were able to preserve and use with the existing frame! We just swapped out the deadbolt. The full window is a nice complement to the other paned windows on the front and side of the house (we hung a curtain on the back of the door for those times our renters want more privacy). The new door lets in a TON of light, though, which was a great addition to the living room.
A final before-and-after post will be coming later today (hopefully), so stay tuned!